People with the PC version of Monster Hunter: World are going to get a better look at armor sets, environments, and monsters. The game will be getting a free High Resolution Texture Pack add-on. The DLC was revealed in the latest Steam announcement for the the April 4, 2019 5.2 update.
When people download the Monster Hunter: World High Resolution Texture Pack, they will then be able to swap between options while playing the game. Capcom provided a single screenshot of an armor set to show the difference between how it would look with or without the DLC enabled.
Here is the full list of features that will be coming in Monster Hunter: World on April 4, 2019.
Major New Features/Design Changes:
- Added support for High Resolution Texture Pack DLC.
You can change to high resolution in-game textures by downloading
this pack as free DLC from the Steam store.
Note: The High Resolution Texture Pack requires at least 40GB of
free space and 8GB of graphic memory (VRAM). We will provide
more detailed information on the system requirements after the update.
- Added a “TAA+FXAA” option to Anti-Aliasing in the Advanced Graphics Settings.
- When selecting “Take All” at the rewards screen after completing a quest,
a list of all items received will now be displayed.
- Added a new mouse control type that is less sensitive to unintentional movement
when controlling the Focus Camera with the mouse.
- Added a “Friends Can Join” option to the Private Session Settings.
- Various bug fixes, including localization-related issues.
Monster Hunter: World is available for the PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC. The Iceborne expansion will be released in Fall 2019.