Remember that fix Namco Bandai was working on for Tekken 6? The online update will be ready this Thursday and contains a bunch of network enhancements.
Here’s what the patch addresses:
• Improved input response: improvement of the game’s responsiveness to button / command inputs;
• Selectable search priorities for ranked matches: players will be able to set search priorities for opponents in ranked matches based on comparable rank or connection quality as well as location;
• Optimized data transmission between fighters and spectators: fight data will be optimized in order to reduce the bandwidth load on the host’s console;
• Signal strength bars: the signal strength bar will reflect connection quality more accurately;
• Chance to cancel match: players will be able to cancel the match before it begins once the opponent’s signal strength has been displayed on ranked matches.
The most important bullet point is the middle one. Let’s hope this fixes the most pressing issue – laggy online play.