Capcom recently streamed over 30 minutes of DmC Devil May Cry footage from the demo build of the game they have at E3. There are two parts to the demo—the first you’ve already seen before, but the second is new and consists of a boss fight. Both parts have director’s commentary from Ninja Theory’s Tameem Antoniades:
A few highlights to note in case you don’t want to watch the entire thing:
- The HUD isn’t finalized. They want to make it so it gives you more feedback.
- There are “a lot more” enemy types in the game.
- There will be both more melee and gun-like weapons in the full game.
- Certain weapons are more effective against certain enemies.
- Dante’s face has changed a few times due to motion capture requirements.
- This goes for other characters in the game, too. Over time, they shifted more toward the mocap actors that portray them.
- On Turbo mode: Too early to talk about if there will be one. However, reaching S-ranking and upward with combos speeds up combat. (Referring to the regular game)
You can read our impressions of the E3 demo for the game here.