Nicalis announced Crystal Crisis just now, a crossover puzzle game with characters from The Binding of Isaac, Cave Story, Code of Princess and more, and also guest characters in the form of Astro Boy and Jack Black from Tezuka Productions.
The game is currently coming to the Nintendo Switch, and here’s the trailer below:
Here are the currently confirmed characters:
- Quote, Curly, and Ballos (Cave Story+)
- Isaac (The Binding of Isaac)
- Atom and Black Jack (Tezuka Productions)
- Princess Solange (Code of Princess EX and Blade Strangers)
- Aban, Tina, and Jim Hawkins (1001 Spikes)
- President Thompson and a Zombie (The Tempura of the Dead)
- Akuji (Akuji the Demon)
- Knight (Hydra Castle Labyrinth)
- Johnny Turbo
- Helen (Blade Strangers, and an upcoming Nicalis game)
- Hunter (upcoming Nicalis game)
- Elise (upcoming Nicalis game)
- Ninja (upcoming Nicalis game)
Apart from arranging gems, there is also a burst gauge which can be saved up and released to unleash a powerful special move. The playfield also wraps around, so you could have one gem on each side by straddling the edges of the field.
There will be Arcade, Survival, Tag-team, and Training Modes available, as well as local and online multiplayer. The game currently is priced at $39.99.
Crystal Crisis is coming to Nintendo Switch in Fall 2018.