Square Enix celebrated NieR: Automata’s one million shipments milestone with a live stream where new DLC was revealed. The company shared more with new screenshots and videos in their latest press release.
The DLC set, titled “3C3C1D119440927,” will include three new colosseums to take on, plus additional side-quests. Upon completing these quests, players can get the following rewards:
- Costumes from the previous Japanese release, NieR: Replicant, for androids 2B, 9S and A2
- Records that add special music tracks to the players’ jukebox
- New equipment and cosmetic accessories such as hairspray that allows you to change the color of 2B and A2’s hair
- Masks with unique “on equip” effects
- Special bullets that change the appearance of enemy bullets
2B: “Revealing Outfit”
9S: “Young Man’s Outfit”
A2: “Destroyer Outfit”
Here’s a trailer for the CEO Boss Fight from the DLC. It features Square Enix CEO Yosuke Matsuda and Platinum Games CEO Kenichi Sato. President Matsuda’s model was provided by the Final Fantasy XV team, who previously used it as part of the RPG’s Mystery Disc cameo fight.
The NieR: Automata DLC will be available for 1,500 yen in Japan where it’ll release on May 2, 2017. A release date and pricing has yet to be announced for the West.
NieR: Automata is available on PlayStation 4 and PC.