As part of the year end celebrations, both the Nintendo of America and Nintendo of Europe Twitter accounts decided to share infographics looking back at some of the company’s biggest accomplishments between 2011 and 2019. These retrospectives included looking back at a major development that appeared in each year, like say the Nintendo Switch in 2017, alongside a number of logos for major titles released within that span of time.
The two images are largely the same, though there is a notable exception for 2011 and the images used for items aren’t always identical. Here’s a full list of all the items highlighted in both company’s images by year.
- 2011: Nintendo 3DS in both regions, Nintendo Wii Mini in Europe’s image
- 2012: Nintendo Wii U
- 2013: Nintendo 2DS and Nintendo 3DS XL
- 2014: amiibo
- 2015: New Nintendo 3DS in Europe and New Nintendo 3DS XL in North America
- 2016: NES Classic Edition and Pokemon GO Plus
- 2017: Nintendo Switch and Super Nintendo Classic Edition
- 2018: Poke Ball Plus
- 2019: Nintendo Switch Lite
The game series mentioned are also identical, albeit with the logos in different positions. Nintendo made sure to salute games like ARMS, Fire Emblem Awakening, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Pikmin 3, Pokemon Sword and Shield, Super Mario Galaxy 2, Super Mario Maker, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, and Xenoblade Chronicles. Even mobile games, like Fire Emblem Heroes and Mario Kart Tour, received a nod.