People hoping for the Nintendo Switch Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night patches still have a wait ahead of them. The official Kickstarter page has set a release window for the two major updates that will fix four sorts of issues present in the game. 505 Games Senior Community Manager Jason “Question” Ryan said that they should be ready by November 2019. Specifically, “We expect these updates to be launched by the end of November.”
Four major trouble areas will be addressed by the two Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night patches. The input lag and loading will both be reduced, particle effects are being replaced to help it run better. The game will also look better after the updates.
Here are the official descriptions going over what will be fixed.
- Visual Fidelity – The way that backgrounds and environments are rendered are being significantly updated. This will result in noticeably sharper environments in most areas throughout the game.
- Loading Times – Load times between scenes are being greatly improved, but are still not where we would like them to be, so work remains.
- Particle Effects – We have already replaced hundreds of particle effects with new assets and more yet remain. The new ones look the same to the user, but are much less impactful on the performance of the game. This has been one of the main culprits for framerate drops during fights.
- Input Lag – Input lag times have been significantly reduced, once work on this is completed the game should feel much more reactive when playing.
The Kickstarter update also let people know what’s coming for the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One versions of Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night. The following changes are coming to each one. (Also, every version’s localizations will be updated again.)
Xbox 1.006 Update
This update is still planned to go live by the end of September. It will contain:
- IGA’s Backpack DLC
- Balance Update #1: Details Here
- Overlord achievement fix
- HDR Fix
- Localization improvements
- XB1-specific bug fixed
PS4 1.04 Update
We do not have a live date for the PS4 1.04 update. We will provide more info when we are closer to a release date. This update will contain any other bug fixes, improvements we’ve been working on since the last update.
Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night will come to the Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.