The release of Overwatch’s Public Test Region yesterday brought a few new changes to the game, the biggest of which was the introduction to Ana, the newest playable character.
However, the pre-existing cast of characters saw some adjustments as well, with some of the most notable change being to Mercy, D.Va and Zenyatta.
Here’s a look at the adjustments made to the characters’ abilities. These changes are currently only available in the Public Test Region, but will release for the main game in the future.
– Caduceus Staff
- Damage Boost
-Bonus damage increased from 30% to 50%
-Effect will no longer stacks with bonus damage provided by another Mercy
- Ultimate charge cost increased by 30%
- Movement is no longer prevented during activation
- Guardian Angel instantly resets upon use
– Defense Matrix
- Cooldown decreased from 10 seconds to 1 second
- A new resource meter has been added. This meter will deplete while Defense Matrix is active and then recharge when it’s not in use.
-Defense Matrix takes 10 seconds to reach full charge from empty
-At a full charge, Defense Matrix will last for 4 seconds
-Defense Matrix will now remain active as long as its assigned hotkey is held
- Defense Matrix has been reclassified as an alternate fire and is now bound to RMB (by default)
-An option to “Toggle Defense Matrix” has been added under Options > Controls > D.Va
- Ultimate cost decreased by 15%
- Explosion delay reduced from 4 seconds to 3 seconds
- Explosion no longer damages D.Va (the player who activates it)
– Base shields increased by 50 (now 50 Health/150 Shield)
– Orb of Discord and Orb of Harmony
- Projectile speed has been increased from 30 to 120
- Movement speed is now doubled upon activation
- Healing amount increased from 200 to 300 health per second
To see all the adjustments made to the characters, you can check out the official patch notes.
Overwatch is available for PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One.