The female protagonist of Persona 3 Portable will have her moment in the limelight in the recently revealed Persona Q2: New Cinema Labyrinth according to a new interview with Atlus in this week’s issue of Famitsu magazine. [Thanks, Hachima.]
Here are highlights from the magazine:
- Persona Q2 is an RPG that features a total of 28 Persona-users.
- You’ll take on enemies with a party of five members.
- Previously you couldn’t remove the protagonist from your party, but this time you’ll get to freely change it up with or without them.
- Party members will get to use two Personas, and they can be summoned in battle.
- The Persona 3 female protagonist who didn’t appear in the previous game will be there.
- She’ll play a big role in the story of Persona Q2: New Cinema Labyrinth.
The following are parts from the interview with producer Daisuke Kaneda:
- Atlus went started to seriously develop the game after they were done with Persona 5.
- There will be a sub-Persona system this time around.
- The story will mostly focus on the Persona 5 protagonist and the Phantom Thieves. This time you won’t have to choose which perspective to see the story from as you did in Persona Q with the Persona 3 and Persona 4 sides.
- Persona Q2 tells a completely standalone story, so you’ll get to enjoy it even without having played Persona 5 or watched Persona 5 the Animation.
- Development is currently 80% complete.
Persona Q2: New Cinema Labyrinth releases in Japan on November 29, 2018 for Nintendo 3DS. Check out its first trailer and details in our previous report.