Sega have revealed further information on the PlayStation Vita version of Phantasy Star Online 2, which is slated for release in February 2013 in Japan. In a recent Japanese interview (summarized by the Phantasy Star Fan Blog), the game’s producer, Satoshi Sakai, reveals the following bits of information:
- The Vita version will have fewer enemies on the screen at once.
- Fewer Emergency Trials compared to the PC version.
- Map sizes will be smaller on Vita to accommodate the portable format.
- For this same reason, it will also take less time to encounter enemies.
- These changes will also be in effect for PC players joining the Vita block.
All of the above changes were made in order to get the game running efficiently on the Vita, according to Sakai.
Phantasy Star Online 2 will be released for the PlayStation Vita on February 28th, 2013. Prior to its release, Sega will hold a beta-test for the game. The beta will allow for 50,000 participants.