Niantic announced Pokemon GO Fashion Week is about to start on September 21, 2021, and it won’t only bring around Pokemon in different accessories. It will also mean a new Pokemon and themed Timed Research tasks to go with it. Furfrou will make its Pokemon GO debut at that same time, as will its form-change option to change its form depending on where you are.
First, both new and old Pokemon GO Fashion Week costumed characters will appear for the 2021 event. Croagunk, Kirlia, Shinx, and Smoochum will be back from 2020. Croagunk and Kirlia will be in the wild. Kirlia and Shinx will also appear in Raids. Smoochum and Shinx will hatch from 7km eggs. The new costumed characters will be Blitzle, Butterfree, and Sneasel. Blitzle and Butterfree will be in the wild. Butterfree and Sneasel will appear in Raids. Also, all of the characters could appear as a shiny variant.
As for the Pokemon GO Furfrou debut, it will appear in the wild. When you catch it, it will be in Natural Form. You can choose the Furfrou form-change option on its page. By using 25 candies and 10,000 Stardust, you can choose “Change Form.” All of the forms available in your area will appear. While the Heart Trim form requirements weren’t revealed, the nine other options were.
Here is the full list of Pokemon GO Furfrou form requirements so far.
- Dandy Trim: Available everywhere
- Debutant Trim: Available when someone is in North and South America
- Diamond Trim: Available when someone is in Africa, Europe, or the Middle East
- Kabuki Trim: Available when someone is in Japan
- La Reine Trim: Available when someone is in France
- Matron Trim: Available everywhere
- Natural: Available everywhere
- Pharaoh Trim: Available when someone is in Egypt
- Star Trim: Available when someone is in Asia
As for the Furfrou Timed Research, it will appear during the event. Completing it gets someone a free Furfrou Wig. On September 29, 2021, the Timed Research quests will disappear and Niantic will charge money for the wig.
Pokemon GO is available on Android and Apple iOS devices, and Fashion Week will be held September 21-28, 2021.