Mention the music of Final Fantasy XIV and your average layman is likely to think of big orchestral compositions and classical scores. Of course, there’s far more than that to Final Fantasy XIV‘s music, and Pulse: Final Fantasy XIV Remix Album aims to prove it.
The album, which is open for pre-sale now, features fourteen tracks from across the game and its expansions. The tracks, pulled from the playlists of Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn, Heavensward, Stormblood, and Shadowbringers, were rearranged by the game’s sound team (including composer Masayoshi Soken himself) in electronic styles like Future Bass, House, Techno Pop, Electro Swing, and of course, Dubstep.
You can check out previews of each Pulse: Final Fantasy XIV Remix Album track on the promo site, or look at this brief medley ahead of its September 30, 2020 release:
Here’s the full track list, including which part of the game it’s from:
- “Rise” – Alexander Prime Boss Theme
- “Unbreakable” – The Fractal Continuum Dungeon Theme
- “What Angel Wakes Me” – Titania Boss Theme
- “Through The Maelstrom” – Leviathan Boss Theme
- “Equilibrium” – Sophia, The Goddess Boss Theme
- “‘Neath Dark Waters” – Amaurot Overworld Theme
- “Beauty’s Wicked Wiles” – Lakshmi Boss Theme
- “I Am The Sea” – Limsa Lominsa Town Theme
- “Thunder Rolls” – Ramuh Boss Theme
- “A Father’s Pride” – Yanxia Town Theme
- “Under the Weight” – Titan Boss Theme
- “Oblivion” – Shiva Boss Theme
- “A Long Fall” – The Twinning Dungeon Theme
- “Sunrise” – Suzaku Boss Theme
Pulse: Final Fantasy XIV Remix Album goes on sale on September 30, 2020 for JPY 3000 (about USD $28). You can also check out official Final Fantasy XIV playlists on Spotify, Apple Music, and other streaming services.