Capcom revealed the Japanese voice actors for its Resident Evil 4 remake. A tweet from the series’ official account revealed the Japanese cast playing the game’s principal roles, as well as a number of new promotional shots.
For the most part, the voice actors who played roles in previous Resident Evil series games and media returned to reprise their roles.
オズムンド・サドラー：大塚芳忠https://t.co/gOdpr4PYJF#バイオ4 #RE4 pic.twitter.com/eqCQYSh45S
— バイオハザード(カプコン)公式 (@BIO_OFFICIAL) February 23, 2023
According to Capcom’s announcement, the Resident Evil 4 remake Japanese voice cast consists of:
- Ada Wong – Junko Minagawa (Ryouma in Prince of Tennis, Cornelia in Code Geass, Ayaka in Negima!)
- Ashley Graham – Akari Kitou (Nezuko in Demon Slayer, Aiba in AI: The Somnium Files, Barbara in Genshin Impact)
- Leon S. Kennedy – Toshiyuki Morikawa (Sephiroth in Final Fantasy VII Remake, Dante in Devil May Cry 5, Minato in Naruto)
- Luis Sera – Kenjiro Tsuda (Dainsleif in Genshin Impact, Zaveid in Tales of Berseria, Kento Nanami in Jujutsu Kaisen)
- Osmund Saddler – Houchu Otsuka (Jiraiya in Naruto, Tsurumi in Golden Kamuy, Ryoma Sakamoto in Live A Live 2022)
Other Japanese Resident Evil 4 remake voice actors have yet to be announced. Notably, early releases of Resident Evil didn’t have a Japanese voice dub. The English voice dub was treated as the default language. Japanese-language subtitles were included, on the Japanese releases. As such, though Toshiyuki Morikawa is more or less the “official” Japanese voice of Leon S. Kennedy, his first voice credit in the role dates back only to 2012’s Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City, which was the first RE game with both Leon and a Japanese voice dub.
The Resident Evil 4 remake will release on the PS4, PS5, Xbox Series X|S, and PC on March 24,2023. On the PS5 it’ll have a free VR mode compatible with the PSVR 2.