It will be much easier to get Incarnation Shards in SAO Alicization Lycoris, thanks to a new update. Bandai Namco announced patch 3.12 is now available. Once installed, it allows people to get more or exchange ones you already have.
First, you’ll be able to start earning more than usual. The Mutated Beast Quests and quest rewards will give more to begin with. However, if you already own some, you can use those to get more from different types. The Enigma Broker in SAO Alicization Lycoris will let people trade Incarnation Shard M or L if you visit after the update.
Here are the full 3.12 patch notes for the latest SAO Alicization Lycoris update.
- Added new exchange options to the Incarnation Shard Exchange, which can be accessed by speaking to the Enigma Broker at North Centoria.
- 10 Incarnation Shard M → 100 Incarnation Shard S
- 10 Incarnation Shard L → 100 Incarnation Shard M
- Increased the number of Incarnation Shards that can be obtained from quest rewards and treasure chest drops in the Mutated Beast Quests.
- Fixed other minor bugs and issues.
One of the things people can use Incarnation Shards for in SAO Alicization Lycoris is weapon upgrades. A past patch would let you expend them to bring equipment up to +10.
Sword Art Online: Alicization Lycoris is now available on the PS4, Switch, Xbox One, and PC.