Square Enix producer Masaru Oyamada had a few words to share about the upcoming Nintendo Switch title, Seiken Desetsu Collection, featuring the first three titles from the Mana series.
Here are some of the highlights from the interview in this week’s issue of Famitsu magazine with Masaru Oyamada:
- While thinking about wanting to release a bundle featuring the first three Seiken Densetsu games, the latest hardware, Nintendo Switch, was announced. Oyamada felt that this console would allow players to enjoy multiplayer with ease.
- Elementary school kids today only know about titles with high-resolution graphics. Oyamada hopes to see kids like them to enjoy playing Seiken Densetsu games from the past with their parents.
- The points he hopes you notice are about the changes and connections we see from the series. He hopes people see how such amazing games released over 20 years ago.
- Cheats from the original games are mostly left untouched.
- (Regarding a new title) Oyamada says he definitely wants to take the opportunity of the series’ 25th anniversary to announce a new development.
- It still remains undecided, but there may be something going on around the time people finish up playing Seiken Densetsu Collection.
- Oyamada wants to develop the series more and more, and hopes it gets all your support.
Seiken Densetsu Collection releases in Japan on June 1, 2017 for Nintendo Switch.