The Sengoku Basara franchise will celebrate a major milestone later this year with the Sengoku Basara 15th Anniversary Project! This week, Capcom released a new logo and key visual starring Date Masamune and Sanada Yukimura ahead of the celebration. Both were designed by Makoto Tsuchibaya. Tsuchibaya has been the lead designer since the first game launched in 2005. [Thanks, 4Gamer!]
The first Sengoku Basara game was released as a PlayStation 2 hack-and-slash style action game on July 21, 2005. It was released outside of Japan as Devil Kings in North America in 2005 and Europe and Australia in 2006.
Sengoku Basara is known for combining Sengoku Period figures with quick-paced action elements and combo chaining. Since its 2005 release, the first game has sold over 4,000,000 copies worldwide.
Over the years, Sengoku Basara has grown to cover a wide range of media, including sequels and remasters, manga, live-action drama, multiple anime series, a stage play, and novels. In 2019, the franchise released the mobile gacha RPG “Sengoku Basara Battle Party”. As of now, the game is not available for download on any mobile platform.
Here’s a list of all of Sengoku Basara’s releases:
- July 27, 2005: Sengoku Basara (PS2)
- July 27, 2006: Sengoku Basara 2 (PS2/Wii)
- November 29,2007: Sengoku Basara 2: Heroes (PS2/Wii)
- June 26, 2008: Sengoku Basara X (Arcades/PS2)
- April 9, 2009: Sengoku Basara Battle Heroes (PSP)
- July 29, 2010: Sengoku Basara 3 (PS3/Wii)
- July 21, 2011: Sengoku Basara Chronicle Heroes (PSP)
- November 10, 2011: Sengoku Basara 3 Utage (PS3)
- August 30, 2012: Sengoku Basara HD Collection (PS3)
- January 23, 2014: Sengoku Basara 4 (PS3)
- July 23, 2015: Sengoku Basara 4 Sumeragi (PS4)
- August 25, 2016: Sengoku Basara Sanada Yukimura-Den (PS3/PS4)
- June 24, 2019 Sengoku Basara Battle Party (Mobile)
Capcom’s celebration will start on July 21, 2020 in Japan.