Senran Kagura series producer Kenichiro Takaki had a lot to show during Marvelous and Honey ∞ Parade Games’ new titles announcement event. He had more to say about each title in this week’s issue of Famitsu magazine. [Thanks, Hachima.]
Here are highlights from the interview:
On Senran Kagura: Peach Beach Splash (read more here)
- We’re continuing development on Senran Kagura: Peach Beach Splash’s VR Mode, so please wait a little longer.
On Shinobi Refle: Senran Kagura (read more here)
- A love adventure game with a different taste and uses HD rumble. At first it’ll be Asuka only, but I’d like to add several more characters next.
On Peach Ball: Senran Kagura (read more here)
- This is something I’ve always wanted to do. I wanted to play something that will let me feel when the ball touches breasts. I want to play pinball on a woman’s body.
- Since there’s a lot to learn for pinball, I want to make it something easy to play.
- The pinball stage will come in a light and shadow, as we’ve been working on the concept that will be something along the lines of a “bright attraction park” on one end and a “slightly suspicious attraction park at night” on the other.
On Senran Kagura Burst Re:Newal (read more here)
- When we released Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus, sales went up double, or triple. So I felt that there must be a lot of people who haven’t seen the starting point of the story that was told on 3DS.
- So I thought while we’re developing the next numbered title we could also release something that acts as a base for the series.
- We’re making it using Shinovi Versus and Estival Versus as a base, and we’re not just simply making it look pretty.
- Yumi will be a playable character through a limited edition bonus. We’re planning on adding a side story that will show what characters introduced after Shinovi Versus have been up to behind the scenes.
- We’re thinking of new ways to have more costume break elements. Please wait on more details for that.
On Shinobi Master Senran Kagura: New Link (read more here)
- It will be a completely different game from Senran Kagura: New Wave. While it will have some of the same characters, the fundamentals will be completely different.
- We wanted to go with a new direction for the series with the “Shinobi Master” title.
- I wanted to make an RPG and when time came to make it I was heavily leaning towards smartphone as the platform.
- New characters such as Fubuki, Gekko, and Senko will show up in the game. Rather than have them appear as other rivals, we made with the thought of absolute villains in mind.
Senran Kagura: Peach Beach Splash is available in Japan for PlayStation 4. The game is headed Westward in Fall 2017.
Shinobi Refle: Senran Kagura releases in Japan in 2017 for Nintendo Switch.
Peach Ball: Senran Kagura is in development for Nintendo Switch.
Senran Kagura Burst Re:Newal releases for PlayStation 4 on February 22, 2018 in Japan.
Shinobi Master Senran Kagura: New Link launches in Japan in 2017 for iOS and Android.