Atlus revealed a new trailer for their upcoming Nintendo 3DS RPG, Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse, along with a look at some of the retailer-exclusive DLC bonuses.
The story of Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse is one of human pawns being shuffled across a chessboard by the higher deities. One lone Hunter, the game’s protagonist, meets an early demise and through a pact with a lesser god, is brought back to life in exchange for his pledge of servitude. From there, the protagonist allies with other Hunters in the ruins of post-apocalyptic Tokyo beginning a plot that crosses over with the events of the original Shin Megami Tensei IV.
Here’s a look at the pre-order bonuses you can get from different retailers:
Power Suit (GameStop/EB Games)
Prime Suit (Amazon)
Retail Hero Jumpsuit (Best Buy)
Here are some more details from the press release:
The plot of Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse overlaps with Shin Megami Tensei IV (and features some familiar characters), but no previous experience with the original is required! Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse arrives on Nintendo 3DS systems in the Americas this summer, and will be available physically and digitally for $49.99/CA$64.99. The game features:
- Divine Intrigue – Choose between peace or anarchy while being a pawn in the gods’ chess game.
- Combat Partners – Hunting demons is dangerous, so count on some backup! Alongside the standard three demons, players will be able to rely on one of seven partners to help win battles.
- Oodles of Demons – Be on your guard because Tokyo is infested with a series record 450+ demons to fight, fuse, or recruit.
- Revamped Demon Fusion – Demons will have affinities for certain skills, so players can better plan the outcome of fusions.
- Classic SMT Combat – Prospective Hunters will exploit weaknesses, boost attributes, and unlock skill bonuses with the returning Press Turn and Smirking systems.
Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse will release in North America in summer 2016 for Nintendo 3DS.