Shin Megami Tensei IV: Final producer Kazuyuki Yamai recently shared the latest on the upcoming game during a NicoNico Live stream. Here are some of the details that were discussed during the show.
- Shin Megami Tensei IV: Final won’t be like Shin Megami Tensei IV with the Chaos and Law routes, but it will be all “Neutral” but with multiple endings.
- They say that you don’t need to have played or completed Shin Megami Tensei IV to enjoy Final, but there will be references here and there that will bring a smile to those that have played it.
- The “gauntlet” shown on the protagonist is actually his smartphone. They say that the ones worn in Shin Megami Tensei IV could be considered a smartphones as well, but in a different form.
- Asahi can be considered the heroine of the game. She’s a bit younger compared to most Shin Megami Tensei characters at age 15.
- They say that the way Navarre died was very petty, and had a good laugh about it. Additionally, he’ll have more of a role in Final than he did in Shin Megami Tensei IV.
- The above is a look at Medusa and Mermaid. There will be about 450 demons in the game.
- The “Partner” system will be something different for Shin Megami Tensei IV: Final. There will be other human characters besides Asahi who will appear as Partners.
- The “Assist Attack” system will have your Partners show up when you’re in a pinch. You’ll also get to “raise” human characters as well as demons.
- Conversations for recruiting demons have been completely renewed.
- The main character will be a silent protagonist.
- Demons will be able to use various types of magic, even if they don’t specialize at them. When they use the magic they specialize at, they’ll be more effective.
- Demon stats have been completely changed up, so those who played Shin Megami Tensei IV will experience something different.
- Yamai says that Isabeau will be in Shin Megami Tensei IV: Final, and as for Flynn he says “stay tuned for more.”
- He also reassures fans that Shin Megami Tensei IV: Final doesn’t mean “final” of the series, but rather, the end of Shin Megami Tensei IV. He mentions that Shin Megami Tensei V, Shin Megami Tensei VI, and so on will still keep coming, so not to worry.
Shin Megami Tensei IV: Final will release in Japan in February 2016 for Nintendo 3DS. The next live stream for the game will be in December.