shiny pokemon sword and shield

Shiny Pokemon Can Have Two Sparkle Animations In Pokemon Sword And Shield

The hunt for shiny Pokemon may have gotten a little more difficult in Pokemon Sword and Shield. There are now two sorts of animations that could play upon entering a battle. One shows the traditional sparkles. However, the new design involves shining squares. [Thanks, Serebii!]

Recommended Videos

Of the two shiny Pokemon options, the squares are more rare. Should someone encounter or hatch one, you have a 6.25% chance of getting a creature with the animated shining squares. That means there is a 93.75% chance of getting the more traditional animation.

These animations do not have an effect on the shiny Pokemon’s color scheme. Each character only has one alternate color scheme.

In Pokemon Sword and Shield, you never really know when you will happen upon a shiny Pokemon. However, there are means of increasing your odds of acquiring one. As usual, completing the Pokedex will get you a Shiny Charm. Visiting Circhester’s Ionia Hotel and showing the doctor NPC your Pokedex will get you one. You also boost your odds by battling the Pokemon whose shiny you want a lot, to increase your Battle Count with them, and creating a Catch Combo where you catch as many of them as you can in a row.

Pokemon Sword and Shield are available for the Nintendo Switch. It has already passed a million units sold in Japan. Also, Gigantamax Butterfrees are currently appearing in Max Raids.


Siliconera is supported by our audience. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn a small affiliate commission. Learn more
related content
Read Article May 2024 State of Play Goes Over PS5 Games This Week
May 2024 State of Play Goes Over PS5 Games This Week
Read Article Next Eiyuden Chronicle Patch Arrives in June
Next Eiyuden Chronicle Patch Arrives in June
Read Article Avenger Oda Nobunaga Figure Will Come Out in 2025
oda nobunaga fate/grand order avenger figure
Read Article Aventurine Stars in New Honkai: Star Rail Merchandise
honkai star rail aventurine merchandise header
Read Article Slipknot Mask Maker Made SMT V Demon Masks
Slipknot mask
Related Content
Read Article May 2024 State of Play Goes Over PS5 Games This Week
May 2024 State of Play Goes Over PS5 Games This Week
Read Article Next Eiyuden Chronicle Patch Arrives in June
Next Eiyuden Chronicle Patch Arrives in June
Read Article Avenger Oda Nobunaga Figure Will Come Out in 2025
oda nobunaga fate/grand order avenger figure
Read Article Aventurine Stars in New Honkai: Star Rail Merchandise
honkai star rail aventurine merchandise header
Read Article Slipknot Mask Maker Made SMT V Demon Masks
Slipknot mask
Author
Jenni Lada
Jenni is Editor-in-Chief at Siliconera and has been playing games since getting access to her parents' Intellivision as a toddler. She continues to play on every possible platform and loves all of the systems she owns. (These include a PS4, Switch, Xbox One, WonderSwan Color and even a Vectrex!) You may have also seen her work at GamerTell, Cheat Code Central, Michibiku and PlayStation LifeStyle.