A new update has been released for the Switch versions of both Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove and Specter of Torment. This will bring the games to version 3.0A and adds various fixes. Additionally, the new update also enables both to run at 1080p while the Switch is docked.
In addition, Yacht Club Games also revealed that Specter of Torment expansion will be heading to other consoles. It is only available on the Switch as of now but will head to the PC and the Japanese eShop for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U on April 5, 2017. It will then come to American/European Nintendo consoles, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, PlayStation Vita, Xbox One and Fire TV sometime in April.
For a full look at all of changes and fixes in the new update mentioned above, you can check out the list below.
- Fix: Specter of Torment: Crash when defeating the final boss with a German language setting.
- Fix: Specter of Torment: Fixed a bug that allowed Specter Knight to Judgment Rush to unintended locations during certain scenes.
- Fix: Specter of Torment: Horace sometimes rewarding the wrong gold amount when reaching the tower’s top.
- Fix: Support for Player 2’s controller within calibrate screen prompts.
- Fix: Delete All now resets screen scale and brightness settings.
- Fix: Shovel of Hope: Various bug fixes for co-op.
- Fix: Specter of Torment: Broken camera transition when falling into a certain death pit within “event 2”.
- Various localization and text improvements.
- Change (Shovel/Plague): The wandering encounter Reize will no longer cross over into the second tier of stages if the game time is below 25 minutes…
- Now outputs at a 1080p resolution while playing in docked mode!
- Screen Scale video option is only applied and available while playing in docked mode.
- Screen Scale menu now appears for the first time that the game is started while in TV mode.
Note: If your TV is not displaying the game’s full image we recommend adjusting your TV Settings from the System Settings menu — this way you’re set for all games in the future! Learn how to do so here.
- Fix: Screen Scale / Brightness options not saving.
Shovel Knight is available on PC, Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, PlayStation Vita, Wii U, and Xbox One.