In response to the recent state of emergency declaration for multiple prefectures across Japan, in response to the COVID-19 coronavirus pandemic, Japanese video game developer and publisher Level-5 will be offering a special “Play At Home” campaign for five Nintendo Switch titles. They will be reduced from April 17 to May 13, 2020 via the Japanese eShop. While these are Japanese games, they could prove helpful for people learning the language due to the inclusion of furigana. [Thanks, Famitsu!]
— レベルファイブ (@LEVEL5_times) April 10, 2020
One of the biggest benefits from this campaign is being able to get your hands on the Japanese version of Yo-kai Watch. Yo-kai Watch previously released on the Nintendo 3DS worldwide. However, the Switch version is an upgraded HD remaster of the original 3DS release and includes lots of new elements for fans to enjoy. It has only been released on the Nintendo Switch in Japan. Currently, there’s no news regarding a localization for the Nintendo Switch version.
All of the titles in Level-5’s campaign will receive steep discounts. Here are the prices:
- Layton’s Mysterious Journey: Katrielle and the Millionaires’ Conspiracy – Regularly ¥6,578 (~$61.20), Discounted to ¥1,500 (~$13.96)
- Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch – Regularly ¥6,050 (~$56.30), Discounted to ¥1,500 (~$13.96)
- Snack World: The Dungeon Crawl – Regularly ¥6,578 (~$61.20), Discounted to ¥1,500 (~$13.96)
- Yo-kai Watch 1 – Regularly ¥5,478 (~$51), Discounted to ¥1,500 (~$13.96), Discounted to ¥1,500 (~$13.96)
- Yo-Kai Watch 4++ – Regularly ¥7,128 (~$66.34), Discounted to ¥3,000 (~$28)
While most of these games either aren’t discounted or available outside of Japan, one is. Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch‘s localized digital version is currently on sale. You can get it for $29.99 instead of $49.99 at the eShop.
Level-5’s sale will begin on April 17, 2020 and last until May 13, 2020.