Super Smash Bros. Melee 20XX Tournament Edition has been announced with the trailer above. What is it? A single collection of what are considered the most useful and most popular Melee mods.
It’ll be available to download for free when it’s launched in August 2015 (closed beta starts in May). However, if you’d prefer, for $15 you can pre-order an official 20XX Tournament Edition memory card so that you only have to plug it into your GameCube to get all these mods. Worth noting is that 20XX Tournament Edition only works with the NTSC-U v1.02 of Super Smash Bros. Melee.
20XX Tournament Edition was made from day one with tournaments in mind so you can expect many of the added features to be tailored towards that. A number of its features are detailed in the video above but there’s a full list on the game’s About page. Here’s all the Tournament mode features (there are many non-Tournament mode features too):
- Tournament Mode switch disables all intrusive aesthetic/mechanic changes
- Neutral Spawn Points – players always spawn in neutral starting locations
- Hitlag Behavior – choose between v1.00 and v1.02 hitlag mechanics
- 16:9 widescreen mode on/off
- Lock settings to prevent tampering during tournaments