Bandai Namco released a new trailer for Taiko no Tatsujin: Nintendo Switch Version!, which reveals a variety of party minigames, several different supported control schemes and more.
Apart from the motion control scheme that was originally shown off in the reveal trailer, where the angle you shake the Joy-Con determines whether you hit a Don or Katsu note, the new trailer shows that a touchscreen option similar to the iOS version will be available in handheld mode. Furthermore, a separate wired drum controller will be released by Hori for Nintendo Switch Version!, similar to other games in the series.
Apart from the regular rhythm game, the Nintendo Switch version will have minigames like several previous console entries. All the party games support up to four players, and are based on timing and rhythm, such as a beach volleyball rally where players have to hit back the ball based on the rhythm. In another game, players have to swing their Joy-Cons (or hit the buttons) based on the rhythm of a festival dance.
Previously, it was revealed that the Nintendo Switch version lets people choose their playable character for various bonus effects, and the latest trailer shows off Inkling Squid (from Splatoon 2) and Kirby (from the Kirby series) as guest characters. The Inkling Squid builds up the Soul gauge quicker, and makes it harder to lose Soul. Meanwhile Kirby makes timing Good hits easier, and makes popping Balloon notes easier as well.
- “Mita Koto no Nai Keshiki”
- “Sugar Song & Bitter Step”
- “Silent Jealousy”
- “One Night Carnival”
- “POP TEAM EPIC” (from Pop Team Epic)
- “Lupinranger VS Patranger” (from Kaitou Sentai Lupinranger VS Keisatsu Sentai Patranger0
- “Dokomademo ~How Far I’ll Go~” (Japanese theme song from Moana)
- “Yokai Taisou Daiichi” (from Yokai Watch)
- “Kimi ni 100 Percent” (from Crayon Shin-chan)
- “We Are!” (from One Piece)
- “Odoru Pompokolin” (from Chibi Maruko-chan)
- “Anpanman’s March” (from Anpanman)
- “Juu-Mensou colorful ver.” (Gumi song by YM)
- “Onigiri wa Doko Kashira” (Hatsune Miku song by Another Infinity)
- “Jounetsu Tairiku”
- “ABC Song”
- “Iro wa Nioedo Chirunuru wo” (from Touhou Project)
- “Bad Apple!! feat.nomico” (from Touhou Project)
- “Omae Butamen!”
- “Flight of the Bumblebee”
- “Turkish March”
- “Overture from Orpheus in the Underworld”
- “Kirby Medley”
- “Pac-Man Championship Edition 2”
- “Anzu no Uta” (from [email protected] Cinderella Girls)
- “Furifuri Norinori”
- “Wa Arudo Herite Iji: Jo”
- “Tabetemo Tabetemo”
- “void setup”
- “Ekuran Ruburan”
- “Tonde Mite”
Finally, Gold Don-chan will be available as a first print bonus for Nintendo Switch Version!
Here’s the full trailer:
Taiko no Tatsujin: Nintendo Switch Version! will come to the Nintendo Switch in Japan on July 19, 2018.