In commemoration of The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel III releasing in Japan in just a couple more days, Falcom president Toshihiro Kondo shared some interesting quotes in an interview with Famitsu and Dengeki PlayStation. [Thanks, Hachima.]
Here are some highlights from the interviews:
- With Trails of Cold Steel III being the company’s first title developed on PlayStation 4, Kondo says that it was without a question the #1 toughest thing to work on in 20 years since they started making video games.
- It was easier to put together programs on PS4 than it was on PS3, but all the excess resource made it that much more difficult.
- (On the rumor of the Trails of Cold Steel series getting a PS4 version) Kondo says this is something that’s still being talked about, but there’s demand for it coming from all directions, and he feels the need to make it so that the Trails of Cold Steel series could be played on a PS4. He says to wait for more information.
- An Update Ver. 1.01 patch will release on the game’s release date. This will add some fine-tuning to improve the game’s battle tempo as well as improvements on sub-event rendering.
- By the ending of The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel III the series’ story is about a good 60% complete. There are plenty of little teaser elements that hint what’s to come next for the series throughout the game in sub-quests and casual conversations with various characters.
- The Trails series’ story will continue being told. Kondo believes Falcom will be able to share all kinds of information on its next development in the not-so-long future.
The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel III releases in Japan on September 28, 2017 for PlayStation 4.