Japanese developers shared their New Year’s greetings for 2019 in this week’s issue of Famitsu magazine that includes bits of info on their current projects and hints to possible new developments. [Thanks, Hachima.]
Below are some highlights from the New Year’s feature:
- Idea Factory & Compile Heart: We plan on developing unique titles with the latest entries of the popular series (e-type?) and a new virtual-type (?) title.
- Aquaplus: Various preparations are underway for our next title.
- Atlus: In addition to Catherine: Full Body, we’re making preparations for several unannounced titles. PLease look forward to more on Shin Megami Tensei V and others.
- Kadokawa Games: We have numerous projects underway including Root Letter 2 and Project Stella.
- Granzella: In 2019 we’ll not only provide updates for titles that have already released, but we also plan to announce a new title.
- Konami: We’re planning on various products and services for our 50th anniversary.
- Nihon Falcom: The Trails series’ anniversary is in 2019. The Empire’s story came to an end with Trails of Cold Steel IV, but there’s more to be told for the series. Perhaps something for its 15th anniversary…? There just may be some kind of development.
- FuRyu: Working on preparations for one unannounced game to the other.
- Marvelous: We plan to announce a brand-new title for a certain series, so please look forward to it!