Does that look like something you’d want running on your Xbox 360? In all honesty, the game genuinely sounds like it has more volume than a pair of digital D-cups (?). It’s called Shoot 1UP and it’s developed by indie developer MommysBest. You can check out a trailer here, on the game’s XNA page. Here’s the bullet list of features, uppercase text and all:
- Why play shoot ’em ups one ship at a time? Launch them all at once! Unleash an entire armada of ships in Shoot 1UP!
- 1UPs INSTANTLY ENTER THE ACTION!
- Command over 30 ships at the SAME TIME!
- Arrange ships to charge the devastating PLASMA AUGER!
- 2 Player coop play for over 60 SIMULTANEOUS player ship INSANITY!
- 6 BIZARRE levels!
- Manic Shooting for NORMAL GAMERS! v 1.0
MommysBest’s developer blog details some of these aspects. For instance, having more ships onscreen increases your chances of getting hit, but you also do more damage and your multiplier builds faster. You can expand or collapse your formation in mid-flight using the left trigger on the 360 gamepad to suit the circumstances.
The blog also has a list of some of the developer’s favourite shoot-em-ups, which might convince you to look into this game.