The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky the 3rd has a release date. On May 3, 2017, the game will come to the PC. It will be $29.99 / €29.99 / £24.99 , though a 10% discount will be in effect for the first week after it launches.
Over on the official Xseed Tumblr, Localization Producer Brittany Avery has released a new entry that goes over the progress that’s been made on The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky series’ localization adjustments that people will notice in The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky: Trails in the Sky the 3rd and previous games.
While the full list at the Xseed Tumblr offers Avery’s commentary on each alteration, here is an abbreviated list of every The Legend of Heroes term that will be altered in the trilogy.
- Dead Emperor Sword will become Sword of Abaddon (Loewe’s S-Craft).
- Pillar of Salt will become Salt Pale,
- Stainrose will become Steinrose.
- Grancel museum descriptions will be rewritten and expanded.
- Master/King of the Lake will become Guardian of the Lake.
- Duke Dunan will be referred to as “Your Grace,” rather than terms like “Your Excellency.”
- Capua family group will be sky bandits, Sky Bandits.
- The term “flying boats” is being removed, and going forward airships will be the generic term and used for small ships and larger ships will be orbalships.
- The “hmm-hmm,” “hmmhmm,” “hmhm,” and “hm-hm” sorts of remarks will be altered and removed, to make the first two games more in line with The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky the 3rd and Trails of Cold Steel I & II.
- Mr. Fisher, the Fisherman’s Guild president, will now be known as the Fishing Baron.
- Social sciences will become social studies.
- The faculty lounge will be used instead of staff office or lounge.
- Jenis’ dorms will be referred to in a singular fashion, unless someone is discussing the boys and girls dorms at the same time.
- Oliver’s “In fact, I believe the Imperial Academy was to launch an investigation…but then the Hundred Days War broke out.” line will be altered to reflect that the academy being referenced is The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel’s Imperial Institute of Science.
- Estelle’s terms for her father will be adjusted for the sake of consistency. For example, She called Cassius “Daddy” as a child in the first game, but “Papa” in the second, so now she will call him “Daddy” in both.
- Maybelle will be referred to as Mayor Maybelle by almost everyone, though Lila will call her Miss Maybelle and General Morgan, Kloe, and Yahat call her Maybelle.
- Zane Vathek’s name will be changed to Zin for the entire trilogy.
The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky the 3rd will come to Windows PCs in 2017.