Ys IX: Monstrum Nox released a couple months ago for PS4 in Japan and it is getting a new update on November 29. The update adds a new “Lunatic” difficulty and various gameplay adjustments, improved frame rate and controls, and more.
Below are the patch notes for the Ver. 1.05 update from Falcom:
Additions & Adjustments
- Added “Lunatic” difficulty
- Adjusted the retry respawn point for the prisoner chapter’s dungeon
- Added skip function for the Prisoner Chapter dungeon after first playthrough
- Adjusted “Gust Shoes” to make its effect easier to understand- Extended the effect time of Shadow Dive, added more to HP absorption effect
- Adjusted playable characters’ abilities
- Expanded on the camera controls when looking up
- Improved frame rate
- Improved movement stability
- Fixed a bug that caused the game to crash or freeze from certain situations
- Fixed spelling and missing letters
- Other fixes, etc.
Last month the game saw its update version 1.04 which improved loading times, movement stability, and more.
Ys IX: Monstrum Nox is available in Japan for PlayStation 4. Check our previous report for a look at the game’s TGS 2019 trailer.