The upcoming survival RPG Zanki Zero by Spike Chunsoft is making its way Westward this April and the company shared details on what’s new and content that has been removed to ensure release for the West.
Here are the full details from Spike Chunsoft:
We would like to inform the community about the following additions are included in the localized release:
- Japanese Swimsuit DLC included in-game
- Difficulty I: Lowered difficulty to allow players to focus on story and puzzle-solving (other difficulties have not been modified)
- English voiceover option (Dual audio, choose from English or original Japanese)
- Overall game balance and UI improvements
To ensure a release for the West, content changes will also be included in the localized PlayStation®4 and Steam® (PC) versions. To reduce content which could be interpreted as sexualization of characters depicted as minors, the following changes have been made:
- PlayStation®4 Packaging art
- In order to conform to public storefront display standards, images that can be interpreted as too sexually provocative must be modified.
- Sachika Bedroom Scene CGIs
- In the Japanese release, Sachika’s panties are visible. In the Western release, Sachika is wearing pajama bottoms.
- Sachika CGI in the Opening Scene
- In the Japanese release, Sachika’s panties are visible. In the Western release, the camera angle has been raised to not show Sachika’s panties.
- Child Rinko Extend Machine CGI
- In the Japanese release, Child Rinko covers her chest with her arms. In the Western release, the position of her arms has been adjusted.
- All “Child” bedtime event cutscenes removed
Zanki Zero: The Last Beginning releases in North America and Europe on April 9, 2019 for PlayStation 4 and PC. The game is available for PS4 and PS Vita in Japan.