Nintendo have provided worldwide sales of various first-party Nintendo 3DS and Wii U games, as part of their financial results release. Titles included in the list include recent key releases such as The Lgend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds and Super Mario 3D World.
All software sales are as of March 31st, 2014, and can be found below.
Nintendo 3DS software sales:
- Pokémon X and Y – 12.26 million
- Mario Kart 7 – 9.62 million
- Super Mario 3D Land – 9.27 million
- New Super Mario Bros. 2 – 7.82 million
- Animal Crossing: New Leaf – 7.66 million
- Luigi’s Mansion: Dark Moon – 3.98 million
- The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D – 3.35 million
- Nintendogs + Cats – 3.50 million
- The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds – 2.51 million
- Paper Mario: Sticker Star – 2.21 million
- Mario & Luigi: Dream Team – 2.08 million
- Tomodachi Life – 1.85 million
Wii U software sales:
- New Super Mario Bros. U – 4.16 million
- Nintendo Land – 3.09 million
- Super Mario 3D World – 2.17 million
- New Super Luigi U – 1.76 million
- Wii Party U – 1.35 million
- The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD – 1.22 million
While Nintendo 3DS software sales are healthy, Nintendo’s Wii U business is in dire straits. Later tonight, Nintendo will hold its financial results briefing, where company president Satoru Iwata will address the company’s financial results and likely outline its near-term strategy moving forward.