What’s New In Persona For PSP?
By Spencer . February 10, 2009 . 10:03am
Is Persona PSP is remake? An enhanced port? Look at the additions and decide for yourself. The first thing I noticed was the new battle interface. It looks more like Persona 3 with the character portraits on the bottom and moon icon in the top right hand corner. Here’s a comparison screenshot.
Japanese retailer Rakuten also has a list of revised features for the PSP version.
- New animated movies done by studio Kamikaze Douga.
- Rearranged soundtrack done by Shin Megami Tensei composer Shoji Meguro. Yumi Kawamura who sang in Persona 3 will do vocal tracks for Persona.
- Supports 16:9 widescreen mode with a new user interface.
- Additional dungeon floors have been added to the Sebek Chapter (main story) and Snow Queen Chapter. Watch out for new elements and tricky gimmicks.
- Rebalanced gameplay with a tweaked encounter rate.
- Considered to be more “user friendly” since players can pick the level of difficulty.
- Battle loading times are 2/3rds faster compared to the original. During enemy encounters animations can be skipped. Sounds similar to Persona 2: Eternal Punishment.
- Extra save points are added as well as a quick save feature.
- A revised city map with a top down view and highlighted landmarks. The original Persona had a simple 3D over world map similar to Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne.
Images courtesy of Atlus.
Video game stories from other sites on the web. These links leave Siliconera.