Just when we thought that ARMS wouldn’t be getting much more in terms of updates after its final big update in 5.0, Nintendo released the game’s 5.2 update that adds Party Crash Mode “Big Time ARMS” to regular battles.
Here are the details from Nintendo’s full patch notes:
- The Party Crash mode “Big Time ARMS” can now be selected in regular battle as well, so you can try something a little different. Feel free to use it as a handicap!
- Prior to battle, when selecting ARMS, you can toggle this on and off with the Y button.
- This feature can be used in Versus – Fight.
- Can’t be used in online battles.
- Added 15 new images to Gallery.
- Fixed issue where fighters with super armor would not have their ARMS disabled by electric attacks during a rush attack.
- Fixed issue where a noise would repeatedly play if communication was lost while Dr. Coyle had her extra ARMS out.
Below are notes on adjustments for fighters and Arms:
|Springtron||Specs improved thanks to a certain girl genius! Movement during a super charge has been greatly increased.|
He’s a little heavier now, but that’s fine!
Movement speed for normal jumps has decreased.
|LolaPop||Increased movement speed when jumping.|
|Misango||Rush gauge now fills at a rate equal to other fighters during normal times.|
Also made it somewhat less difficult for the rush gauge to fill when blue or red.
|Byte & Barq||When jumping while on top of Barq, fixed an issue where a shockwave could be seen emanating from Byte as well.|
Fixed an issue where, under certain conditions, the switch on Barqs head would stay pushed in.
|Dr. Coyle||Fixed an issue where, under certain conditions, extra ARMS would appear while firing ARMS.|
|Nade||Fixed issue where self-destruct could occur during rush.|
|Bubb||Increased charge attack speed.|
|Parasole Parabola||Increased rush attack speed.|
|Glusher Blorb||Decreased time from drop until collection.|
|Skully||Increased rush damage.|
|Lokjaw||Increased retraction speed.|
|Clapback||Decreased retraction speed.|
Decreased time until automatic retraction after placement.
|Popper||Decreased extension speed.|
Decreased retraction speed.
|Chakram||Decreased expansion rate for charge attacks.|
ARMS is available on Nintendo Switch.