Like most healers and shielders in Genshin Impact, Baizhu scales off of his HP, which means that his Artifacts and weapons should improve on that. Even without improving on his Talents or having Constellations, he is a very good healer who can help to facilitate Dendro Elemental Reactions. While it’s totally possible to gear him up as a sub-DPS, his kit makes him more suited to act as a support healer.
Here are the Best Weapons Baizhu Can Use in Genshin Impact
Because Baizhu heals based on his Max HP, he can use any Catalyst that other healers such as Barbara or Kokomi can. His signature weapon, Jadefall’s Splendor, is his best weapon because its main stat is HP and it can restore Energy every time he uses his Burst. He doesn’t need to remain on-field for this either. Other weapons you can consider are:
- Everlasting Moonglow: Kokomi’s signature weapon also has HP as its main stat and it passively offers a 10% Healing Bonus. This does require Baizhu to remain on-field to take full advantage of its skill, but you can also simply enjoy its HP boost.
- Prototype Amber: It has HP as its main stat and you can get it via the Blacksmith, which makes it great for F2P players. It also regenerates Energy ever time you use a Burst and can heal your party members every 2 seconds for 6 seconds.
- Favonius Codex: It has Energy Recharge as its main stat which benefits Baizhu because of how expensive his Burst is. Other weapons with Energy Recharge as its main stat, such as Wine and Song, do not have passive skills that mesh well with how Baizhu ideally plays.
Here are the Best Artifacts Baizhu Can Use in Genshin Impact
As a quick note, Baizhu’s Dendro shield from his Burst is not the best thing in the world. His Dendro application is inferior to other characters such as Nahida, Collei, or even Dendro Traveler. So when choosing Artifacts for him, you can focus on simply enhancing his Max HP or Healing Bonus.
- Deepwood Memories 4-piece: Decreasing Dendro RES by 30% upon hitting enemies with a Skill or Burst is vital when running a team that focuses on Dendro Elemental Reactions. Having Baizhu carry this frees up your DPS or sub-DPS so they can carry more Attack-oriented sets or Artifacts.
- Ocean-Hued Clam 4-piece: Maiden Beloved can also work if you lack good pieces for Ocean-Hued Clam. However, Ocean-Hued Clam can help to increase how much damage you do when you’re using the full set because of the Foam that it creates whenever Baizhu heals your party.
- Noblesse Oblige 4-piece: This is only if you are using Baizhu in a party that does not have an existing character carrying Noblesse and you can’t put together the above sets. Noblesse Oblige the ATK of all party members when Baizhu uses his Burst, and is generally a good set for an off-field support character to have.
Genshin Impact is readily available on the PS4, PS5, Windows PC, and mobile devices. Baizhu is only in the gacha when the Immaculate Pulse Event Wish is live.