BlazBlue: Cross Tag Battle kicks off its Version 2.0 update in a couple days. Arc System Works shared the full patch notes that includes new system features and a bunch of character changes.
First, here are the new system features:
- After landing the final hit of Smart Combo 1, you can switch in your partner with an incoming attack by pressing A.
- Successfully landing the Cross Raid attack will switch in your partner in the Active Switch powered-up state.
- Your partner will have to be at the back to be able to use Cross Raid. ・Using Cross Raid will use up all remaining Cross Gauge. (You will be able to use Cross Raid regardless of the remaining Cross Gauge.)
- Your Resonance level will increase regardless of the amount of Cross Gauge left when used. (Same amount as when activating Cross Combo with 100% Cross Gauge.)
- A powerful attack that can be unleashed by pressing C during the finish of a 2 person Clash Assault.
- Requires 1 Skill Gauge. A normal Clash Assault will occur if there is not enough Skill Gauge on use.
- Occurs in matches when the in-game timer reaches 80. This will cause Skill Gauges for both players to increase continuously.
- The amount of Skill Gauge gained increases as the match approaches time-up.
Delayed Down Entrance
- When your first character is defeated, you can hold A, B or C to delay the timing of the second character entering the battle for up to 1 second.
Check out some more system change details below:
All the character content changes can be seen here.
BlazBlue: Cross Tag Battle is available on PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, and PC. The Version 2.0 patch releases on November 21, 2019. We recently got a look at several new character trailers including Elizabeth, Susanoo, and Celica A. Mercury.