In a recent remote interview, Danganronpa series producer Yoshinori Terasawa discussed the announced smartphone ports of the first three games in the series and the possibility of a Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls mobile port. Essentially, Ultra Despair Girls hadn’t been considered due to a number of factors. [Thanks, 4Gamer!]
Here are the highlights:
- As previously discussed, while the smartphone ports of the first three games won’t add anything new content-wise, they will address complaints about the previous ports by being optimized for smartphone interfaces.
- The reason why they’re being released in order, rather than all at once, is because the team wants players to play the games in order.
- While the first game is already out, the Anniversary Edition ports of the second and third games will likely be pushed back due to COVID-19. Though the potential delay will not by long.
- Currently, there is nothing to reveal in terms of any new series developments.
- Terasawa and the team haven’t really thought about a Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls mobile port, because it was developed with consoles in mind. (This includes all of the input layouts.) While it would be considered if fans would be vocal about wanting a port, translating the controls and adjusting the difficulty for smartphones would be quite high hurdles to leap over.
Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc Anniversary Edition is available on Android and Apple iOS devices. You can also find the game on the PlayStation Portable in Japan and on the PlayStation 4, PlayStation Vita, and PC worldwide. Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls is available on the PlayStation 4, PlayStation Vita, and PC.