Note: This post will be updated as more information pertaining to the game is revealed, including significant changes in the English-language localization.
From transforming mechs to vast continents to explore, Xenoblade Chronicles X has quite a lot to offer. The latest trailer for the game summarizes all of its main features we’ve seen thus far.
The video shows us a recap of the game’s main features, but since Siliconera already reported details on all those fronts in the past, here’s a handy little index for where you can find more information on the topics shown throughout the video:
- How the game and story of Xenoblade Chronicles X starts out.
- A look at the vast continents and different terrain.
- The various creatures of Planet Mira.
- A tour of your home base in New Los Angeles.
- How you’ll probe and explore the lands of Mira.
- Useful traveling tips with the Navigation Ball and Hopper Camera.
- Basics on combat with Arts and combos.
- Advanced combat techniques with Overclock Gear and Double Recast.
- A look at various styles of armor and other equipment.
- How you’ll create weapons through the “Arms Company”.
- What are Skells? (Note: “Dolls” in Japanese version.)
- The seven basic Skells in the game.
- How Skells will fight during battles.
- Bonding with citizens and other characters of New Los Angeles.
- How you’ll always be connected to other players.
Information on English-language localization:
- English-language names for the five continents in the game.
Xenoblade Chronicles X will release in Japan on April 29th and later this year in North America and Europe for Wii U.