At The Game Awards 2022, the Final Fantasy XVI release date and “Revenge” trailer appeared. However, even more new details appeared after that. The PlayStation Blog revealed the English voice actors for major FFXVI characters, this entry’s “Cid,” and Torgal the dog.
The Cid we’ll meet in FFXVI is Cidolfus Telamon. He’s a Dominants connected to Ramuh. He used to be a member of the Royal Waloeder Army, before becoming a rebel and looking into life in the deadlands. He’s also connected to Benedikta Harman. He will join Clive’s party during a part of the story.
Torgal is a dog that Archduke Elwin found and gave to his sons Clive and Joshua. He will be able to fight alongside Clive in battle. He can attack alone or in a combo with him, and he can also heal his owner.
Finally, here’s the list of nine voice actors who will play FFXVI characters in English.
- Barnabas Tharmr – David Menkin
- Benedikta Harman – Nina Yndis
- Cidolfus Telamon – Ralph Ineson
- Clive Rosfield – Ben Starr
- Dion Lesage – Stewart Clarke
- Hugo Kupka – Alex Lanipekun
- Jill Warrick (child) – Charlotte McBurney
- Jill Warrick (young adult) – Susannah Fielding
- Joshua Rosfield – Logan Hannan
Final Fantasy XVI will come to the PS5 on June 22, 2023. The official website says details about the US Collector’s Edition will appear on December 12, 2022.