Sucker Punch announced a new Ghost of Tsushima patch will launch on July 27, 2020. It is going to add new elements that will make it more challenging and more accessible. The biggest addition in patch 1.05 will be the Ghost of Tsushima Lethal difficulty option. However, people can also take part in optional Lower Intensity Combat or adjust the font size.
Lethal’s name is pretty indicative of what it will offer. Both Jin and his opponents are stronger and “more deadly.” Enemies are also going to be more aware and players will need to be on point when dodging and parrying.
As for the Lower Intensity Combat options, both regular combat and stealth elements will be made more forgiving. People will even be able to have Jin heal without worrying about enemies attacking him, and they won’t be as aware.
Here are the full Ghost of Tsushima patch 1.05 notes from Sucker Punch.
New difficulty level: Lethal
- – Enemy weapons are more deadly, but Jin’s katana is also more deadly
- – Enemies are more aggressive in combat
- – Enemies detect you faster
- – Tighter Parry and Dodge windows
Patch 1.05 will also include the following new options in the accessibility menu:
Lower Intensity Combat
Lower intensity mode is meant to maintain the heart and feel of Ghost of Tsushima combat while relaxing several timing-specific elements. Combat is less intense, giving you more time to react. Stealth settings are more forgiving, and enemies take longer to detect you.
- – Most enemy attacks which are normally unblockable become blockable when Lower Intensity is enabled. Blocking with L1 will keep you safe from more attacks than standard combat, though some attacks must still be dodged.
- – Enemies break off their attack combos after damaging you, giving you a chance to recover before the next wave of attacks. In addition, your heavy attacks will interrupt attacks from Brutes, giving you another way to stop their combos.
- – Enemies will not attack you while you’re using Resolve to heal
- – Enemy awareness builds more slowly, giving you more time to recover after being spotted
- – Large Text option: Increases text size of subtitles, mission objectives and interact prompts by 150% when enabled
- – Added option to turn speaker name off when subtitles are enabled
- – New subtitle text color options in addition to white: Yellow, Blue, Red, Green
Patch 1.05 also includes additional bug fixes.
Ghost of Tsushima is available for the PlayStation 4. There is also a tourism partnership that lets people see sights from the game.