The whole Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity map of Hyrule was shared during the October 2020 Nintendo Treehouse Live. We got to see how we’ll essentially be looking at the whole map of the area, including different regions, on a Sheikah Tower. Regions like Central Hyrule, Gerudo, and Necluda will all return. But in addition to that overview, we also got a chance to see some of the missions connected to various locations on the map.
Basically, when you’re looking form the Sheikah tower down on the world below, you can see all the points of interest. During the video, we saw clips were certain points of interested seemed highlighted. In the image below, you can see the Mysterious Guardian mascot’s image pointing to a specific destination, perhaps suggesting that would be the next recommended place to visit.
And here’s a brief clip from Nintendo looking at the map.
— Nintendo of America (@NintendoAmerica) October 7, 2020
As for points of interest, a few of them were shown during the presentation. By hovering over icons on the map, you could see if they’re a place to visit or what you could do there. For example, the Hylian Blacksmith Guild lets you take the extra weapons you’ve acquired and fuse them to strengthen other ones, which is a common feature in Musou games. (Weapons here don’t break as they did in The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild.)
Here are some of the missions that were shown on the Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity map during the presentation:
- A Birthday Treat: Traded herbs for a Mabe Soufflé recipe at Mabe Village.
- Link: Two-Handed Weapons: A training mission for a recommended level 10 Link that would require him to face certain Hylian warriors and Daruk using only two-handed weapons and win in a certain amount of time in the Hyrule Field area.
- Making a Monster: Trade one Lizalfos Tail, one Chuchu Jelly, one Keese Eyeball, one Bokoblin Guts, and one Moblin Fang for a Two-Handed Weapon: Bonus Combo at Hateno Village.
- A Spear-ited Combatant: Trade 100 of a paper-like item for a Spear: Bonus Combo near West Necluda.
- Superb Fish Dish: Trade five Chillin Trout for a Chilly Fish Skewer recipe at Lurelin Village.
Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity will come to the Nintendo Switch on November 20, 2020. GameStop’s pre-order incentive is a Mysterious Guardian keychain, while eShop pre-order bonuses give people a Lucky Ladle in-game weapon.