Not every job in Octopath Traveler 2 will use JP to learn new skills. Some may have other requirements. The Inventor, a job you get from Arkar is one of them. It involves collecting and reporting. Which means you don’t want to inadvertently selling items you might need. So, here are all the items you need to learn new Inventor job skills in Octopath Traveler 2.
How to Get the Inventor Job in Octopath Traveler 2
If you leave Delsta from the east, you’ll find yourself at the Eastern Delsta Highroad. (This happens in chapter one in Throne’s story, giving her easy access to it.) Head north at the fork to go to Winterlands. Instead of continuing to go north here, stay east and cross a short, wooden bridge. You’ll see a lone home with a windmill out front. This is Arkar’s home, and going inside to talk with him will net you the Inventor job in Octopath Traveler 2.
How to Learn Inventor Job Skills in Octopath Traveler 2
After unlocking the Inventor job, you then need to return to Arkar’s home to unlock its additional skills. Only Changeable Catapult and Springy Boots are available the moment you get the job.
Here’s the list of items you should set aside and keep to learn the other skills.
- Arkar’s Coil: 1 Scrap Metal, 1 Ancient Cog, and 1 Natural Magnetite.
- Critical Scope: 1 Unerring Earring and 1 Critical Earring.
- Elemental Bomb Bottle: 1 Fire Soulstone, 1 Ice Soulstone, 1 Thunder Soulstone, and 1 Rainbow Glass Bottle.
- Hastening Hammer: 1 Soldier’s Bow, 1 Great Blade, and 1 Guardian’s Axe.
- Tin Horn: 1 Empowering Lychee, 1 Tin Toy, and 1 Mythical Horn
And, should you earn all seven of those, you can get these four Support Skills.
- A Step Ahead: That character acts first.
- BP in Adversity: When about to die, you get 2 BP.
- Fruits of Labor: Get one defense and resistance point for each job skill you know.
- Upgraded Accessories: Your accessories will be stronger.
Octopath Traveler 2 is available for the Switch, PS4, PS5, and PC. A demo is available.