During E3, Square Enix conducted an internal interview with Kingdom Hearts director Tetsuya Nomura, during which Nomura answered a few questions about Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Remix and Kingdom Hearts III. You can watch this below:
Here are a few tidbits from the talk:
- The original data for Kingdom Hearts is lost.
- Nomura: “Kingdom Hearts 1 was created a long, long time ago, so actually the original data was lost. So, we had to research and we had to dig out from the actual games available, and recreate everything for HD. We had to recreate graphics, and it was actually not that easy.”
- Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Remix has two games because Nomura feels HD Remasters shouldn’t be made too often.
- Master Xehanort and Ansem are Nomura’s favourite characters.
- Kingdom Hearts III will have Final Fantasy characters once again.
- Nomura knows people want to play as King Mickey.
- Nomura once again says this will be the final battle against Xehanort.
In the second half of the interview, Nomura discusses Final Fantasy XV. You can read our summary of that here.