More of the Netflix Cowboy Bebop live-action cast have been revealed, and we’re getting a better idea of which supporting characters will return in this adaptation. The NX on Netflix Twitter account confirmed people like Gren Eckener, Lin and Shin, and perhaps Mao Yenrai and Annie will all be back. While Fad, Jet Black’s partner in the anime, isn’t mentioned, another former partner of his named “Chalmers” was revealed.
Here’s the new list of characters and their roles. I’ve noted when there are major differences between the anime versions of these people in the Cowboy Bebop live-action adaptation.
- Ana: Tamara Tunnie. She’s described as a Martian club owner. This could be the live-action version of Annie, who owned a Mars convenience store and knows Spike. In the Netflix show, she’s described as a “Martian club owner.”
- Chalmers: Geoff Stults. Netflix describes him as Jet’s former partner. In the anime, Fad worked with Jet as an Inter-Solar System Police officer.
- Gren: Mason Alexander Park. Gren is an associate of Vicious and a lethal soldier who took part in the Titan War.
- Lin: Ann Truong. One of the two twins working for Vicious. In the anime, he is one of the two Red Dragon twin men acting as something of a bodyguard for Vicious.
- Mao: Rachel House. Here, Mao is described as a “White Tigers Capo.” In the anime, the White Tigers were the Red Dragon’s rivals, and Mao Yenrai was a Red Dragon Capo who helped both Spike and Vicious get their start.
- Shin: Hoa Xuande. Again, one of the “twin henchmen” for Vicious alongside his sibling.
As a reminder, John Cho will be Spike Spiegel, Mustafa Shakir will be Jet, Daniella Pineda will be Faye Valentine, and Alex Hassell will be Vicious.
Netflix’s Cowboy Bebop live-action show is in development and will eventually be available to stream on the service. The series’ creator, Shinchiro Watanabe, is involved as a consultant. It recently resumed filming in July 2020, following a temporary shutdown caused by the COVID-19 pandemic.