Xseed Games released a new Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin patch with new additions and adjustments. In addition to updating various aspects of growing and harvesting, the developers increased the maximum in-game years to 9,999. The update is out now on the PlayStation 4 and Steam versions, with the Nintendo Switch patch “coming soon.”
The latest Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin patch remedies several bugs. For example, rare instances of a double KO between Sakuna and a boss could lead to a soft lock. The update also fixes some supplemental effects during growing and harvesting. The best addition is Sakuna’s new animations when resting on the porch with her animal buddies.
We have the full patch notes and a few images below.
- Fixed an issue that occurred rarely with certain boss fights where the game would proceed even if Sakuna and the boss were defeated at the same time.
- Fixed an issue in Amagaeshi Shrine where there was a possibility of enemies not loading in correctly following certain specific actions.
- Temperature is now a condition for Bakanae disease to develop.
- Salt damage will now be reduced by using flowing water or while the field is being drained.
- The disorder Cloudy Rice will now develop during the ripening stage, not the drying stage.
- Fixed an issue in the second half of the game where conditions for an event occurring in the field can be met using flowing water.
- Fixed it so that playtime is not extended incorrectly when fast-forwarding through cutscenes.
- Other minor bug fixes.
- Add new animations when resting on the porch.
- Improved the way that Tidal Wave interacts with the terrain.
- Improved the accuracy of annual temperature calculation.
- Adjusted Autumnal Hunter’s Garment as a reward for clearing Amagaeshi Shrine Floor 100.
- Maximum in-game years has been expanded from 999 to 9,999 and the Cornucopia effect of the Rice Hunter’s Garment will now max out after 1,000 harvests.
- Optimized CPU load when V-Sync is turned off.
Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin has been a big success. We last heard in November 2020 that the game’s shipments and download sales totaled over 500,000 copies worldwide. We enjoyed the game back when it first launched, which you can check out in our review. We also interviewed the developers on the process of researching such a niche like rice-growing.
Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin is currently available for the Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, and PC.