Check out the total unit sales for the Nintendo Switch, 3DS, and Wii U below:
- Hardware: 68.30 million units (+6.86 million from the previous quarter)
- Software: 456.49 million units (+49.82)
- Hardware: 75.94 million units (+0.07)
- Software: 385.12 million units (+1.05)
- Hardware: 13.56 million units (-)
- Software: 103.27 million units (+0.17)
There were 5.68 million Switch consoles sold in the first quarter of the current fiscal year, followed by 6.86 million units in the second quarter. This resulted in 12.54 million units sold so far. Nintendo aims to reach 24 million systems sold worldwide by the end of the fiscal year in March 2021, which would be 5 million more units than it previously forecasted. At its current pace, the Switch will likely catch up to the lifetime sales of the 3DS by the third or fourth quarter.
After six months, Switch sales passed the halfway mark of Nintendo’s goal. In addition, the report said Nintendo predicts that it will continue to keep its momentum going with another 12 million sales worldwide by March 31, 2021.
Check out the lifetime sales of previous Nintendo hardware below:
The Nintendo Switch launched worldwide on March 3, 2017.