Super Smash Bros. for Switch will without a doubt be one of the biggest, if not biggest, attractions at E3 2018 and Nintendo has some good news to share for fans attending the expo this year with the announcement of a new ticket reservation system.
Nintendo announced that they’ll allow E3 attendees to reserve play slots ahead of time for Super Smash Bros. (tentative) with the purpose of providing fans with a faster, smoother experience. Players will get to reserve a ticket to play against people casually “for fun,” or play “for glory” in a competitive elimination match.
Here’s how the reservation system for the Super smash Bros. game is going to work at E3 2018:
- Anyone who registers for E3 2018 by May 31 will receive an email from E3 organizers on June 5 with details about how to reserve one electronic ticket to play the game (available while time slots last). Attendees should make sure to add [email protected] to their safe sender lists so the email doesn’t get lost in their junk folders.
- Signing up to play the game ahead of time is mandatory. No on-site registration will be available.
- Tickets will be in the form of QR Code patterns that can be stored on a smartphone or printed out.
- For more details about ticketing, visit https://e3.nintendo.com/attendee-faq for continuing updates.
- Reservations will not be taken for any other games at Nintendo’s booth, which will be available to play on a first-come, first-served basis.
Here’s a quote from Nintendo of America Senior Vice President of Sales and Marketing, Doug Bowser:
“We’re always looking to improve the ways people can maximize the fun they have with Nintendo at E3. This year our focus is on the upcoming Super Smash Bros. game, and we want as many people as possible to give it a try.”
Nintendo announced earlier today that fans in Japan will also get a chance to try out the game at numerous events starting June 17. You can read more about that here.
Super Smash Bros. (Tentative) is in development for Nintendo Switch. We’ll get a first look during the Super Smash Bros. Invitational 2018 next month at E3 2018. Check more details on that in our previous report.