When Panzer Dragoon Remake launched on the Nintendo Switch, it offered a look back at an old favorite. However, there were things still needed upon its debut. A number of updates were promised, to bring in things like its orchestrated soundtrack. Now, Panzer Dragoon Remake patch 1.3 brings in things like Episode 0, cheat codes, 60fps gameplay, and a number of other much demanded features.
For those unaware, Episode 0 is a remnant from the original Panzer Dragoon. As GameFaqs notes, people entered the code “up, up, up, down, down, down, left, right, left, right, left, right, left trigger, and then right trigger” in the game’s main menu could go through something of an endless horde mode secret stage. Panzer Dragoon Remake patch 1.3 adds that to this version of the game, though the patch notes don’t mention if you still need to enter the cheat code to access it.
Here’s the Twitter announcement for the patch, which was accompanied by a video showing off Panzer Dragoon Remake Episode 0 and other new features.
Update 1.3 for Panzer Dragoon: Remake is now available!
After the successful launch of the Panzer Dragoon: Remake, with your support we were able to work on a next big update for the game! This one brings a ton of new features and fixes frequently asked for by the community!
— Panzer Dragoon: Remake (@PanzerDragoonRE) May 13, 2020
Here are the full Panzer Dragoon Remake patch notes for the 1.3 update, which were shared in the Twitter thread.
Changes in v1.3
- Episode 0
- Super Weapon Mode
- New gameplay options: rumble, classic reticle, auto-aim zoom, HUD toggle, performance mode (60FPS)
- Cheatcodes in the main menu allowing the player to cheat in a campaign (god mode, infinite credits, super weapon mode)
- Gyroscope controls
- SFX system and sounds rework
- Multi-button fire (A and B)
- Input lag removed from all actions
- Camera rotation speed increased
- Easier and more responsive targeting system
- Full options access trough pause menu
- Blue Dragon motion re-work
- Start language based on console account language
- New, reworked Pandora’s Box is now available after beating the game at any difficulty
Panzer Dragoon Remake is immediately available on the Nintendo Switch and will be heading to the PC.