Today, PQube announced that they are working with Japanese studio ART Co. Ltd. to make their first game project, a visual novel titled Kotodama: The 7 Mysteries of Fujisawa.
Here’s the description of the premise according to PQube:
Welcome to Fujisawa Academy – an educational institution where nothing is as it seems and every pupil hides a dark secret. Having made a pact with a demon fox – and bestowing you with the power to see the truth behind the lies, you must infiltrate the secretive Fujisawa Academy and uncover the sinister truths behind the seemingly normal façade.
Coming to Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4 and Steam in 2019.
Here’s some more info revealed via the Amazon pre-order page for the game:
- Investigate the secrets of Fujisawa Academy across seven chapters of Visual Novel
- Each chapter hides the truth to each of the seven mysteries.
- Battle key characters using ‘Kotodama’ – the power of words.
- Interrogation battles see you stripping you target naked – to expose the truth behind the lies!
- Uncover key words in the game’s investigation phase
- Nothing is as it seems! Kotodama intentionally plays on classic tropes and cliches
- Repeated play-throughs will yield new facts within the story
- Continue to play the fiendish puzzles in Fantasise Mode to perfect your high scores!
Check out the reveal trailer for Kotodama below:
The game is currently set for a NA and EU release, and they are looking for a Japanese publisher at the moment. PQube has confirmed a physical release in NA and EU.
Kotodama: The 7 Mysteries of Fujisawa is in development for Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4 and PC via Steam with a 2019 release date.