New details for the upcoming Final Fantasy XIV Patch 6.4 appeared in the Live Letter from the Producer Part LXXVII (77). The patch was first detailed in a previous presentation, during which the title was revealed as The Dark Throne. Director and Producer Naoki “Yoshi-P” Yoshida and Global Community Producer Toshio “Foxclon” Murouchi hosted and announced that it would go live on May 23, 2023. Yoshida was also seen playing the newly released Tears of the Kingdom during the opening. From there, they offered more intense details about the game’s update.
The biggest new additions are the new Dungeon, Raid and Trials. The Aetherfont was first detailed detailed in the previous Live Letter and is the new Dungeon. The new trials include The Voidcast Dais in Normal and Extreme difficulties, and Containment Bay Z1T9 trial with its Unreal difficulty. The new raid will Pandaemonium: Anabaseios at Normal difficulty, with the Savage difficulty to be added a week after the patch first goes live.
Also coming in patch 6.4 is the second Variant and Criterion Dungeon Mount Rokkon in Normal, Criterion, and Criterion (Savage) difficulties. Completion of the previous Variant dungeon The Sil’dihn Subterrane is not required to access the new one. Variant Dungeons can be played by casual parties of differing sizes, contain multiple story paths and have Duty Actions to make up for unbalanced party compositions. Criterion Dungeons are the higher difficulty and will require parties comprising of a tank, a healer and 2 DPS.
Additionally, the new Live Letter also detailed:
- Duty Support added to Stormblood dungeons including The Sireonsong Sea, Bardam’s Mettle, Doma Castle, Castrum Abania and Ala Mhigo.
- Coming in 6.45 will be new content for the Blue Mage class, including an increase to a level cap of 80, new spells, gear, and duties and the addition of more enemies to the Masked Carnivale.
- Allagan Tomestones of Comedy will be added.
- Scholars will be able to apply Glamours to their Faerie companions.
- Gear Set maximum will be increased to 100.
- The Chat Log and Player Nameplates will now display Job Icons.
- Job adjustments, which you can read more on here.
- PvP Series 4 and Crystalline Conflict Season 7, with additional rewards for top 100 ranking players. Frontline adjustments include new UI and changes to Limit Gauge fill rate based on job
- Changes to the Fields of Glory (Shatter) activity, including an updated map and scoring system.
- More plots, materials, ranks and visions added to Island Sanctuaries.
- New Relic Weapons coming in 6.45.
You can see some of the slides from the presentation in the gallery below:
Final Fantasy XIV is immediately available on PC, PS4, and PS5, with Patch 6.4 The Dark Throne is set to arrive on May 23, 2023.