“PBS” (Peach Beach Splash) is the name of a water gun tournament that has been around in the world of shinobi since ancient times.
The tournament revolves around team battles that use water guns, and the differences are set aside between the good and bad. In this tournament, the shinobi aren’t allowed to use special skills, and everything is decided with a water gun.
Water guns come in various forms. There are dual-wield pistols, gatling guns, sniper rifles, and many others. These weapons have special attack effects that are set through cards. The water gun battles are done in 5 vs. 5 matchups and plays in third-person shooter style.
Senran Kagura: Peach Beach Splash offers story mode along with online multiplayer, and it offers over 30 playable characters. It features new and improved finishing moves that we’ve seen throughout the series, and you can expect to see gorgeous costume break scenes as well.
Here are some highlights from the interview with Kenichiro Takaki:
- Peach Beach Splash’s story is part of the series’ main storyline. They plan to continue developing new Senran Kagura games from this point on.
- A Senran Kagura action game will also be in the works.
- There are plans to add popular characters we’ve seen in the mobile game, NewWave G Burst, in Peach Beach Splash.
- The end goal is to have everything from the series be a part of one big world.
- Peach Beach Splash will be enjoyable for both beginners and veterans alike.
- They’re working on a way where a player can participate in some form in the costume breaks.
- They’re increasing the number of see-through costumes when they get wet. There’s also a vast number of swimsuit outfits.
- There’s a mode that is expected to be supported by PlayStation VR. It may be added through a future update.
- There’s a total of 10 water gun types.
- Plans to add more story, costumes, and characters via DLC. They also hope to do some collaborations.
The “Super Limited Nyuu Nyuu 5th Anniversary DX Pack” will go for 24,800 yen, and features the following items:
- Special product code
- Live-sized Nyuu Nyuu Mouse Pad (Yumi)
- Special Illustrated Box by Yaegashi Nan
- Soundtrack including the game’s theme song
- 5th anniversary commemoration opening anime Blu-ray disc
Senran Kagura: Peach Beach Splash releases in Japan on March 16, 201 for PlayStation 4. Its standard version will go for 6,980 yen, and it’ll also get a regular Nyuu Nyuu DX pack for 9,980 yen.